This was made up so I could ask for help on a few questions about operating a Flather lathe. They are in the text next to the pictures… I tried to used the same names which Don England used.
1. How is the HW (Hand Wheel) Coupler used?
2. Knurled Knob 1 is used for ??
3. Knurled Knob 2 is for ??
4. How are the 3 positions of the Lead Screw Engager used?
5. The motor and transmission are obviously addons to the original belt driven Flather. Any body seen such a transmission?
6. I’ll edit this with the serial number._____. What’s yours?
7. If I can get some useful comments, I’ll make up a “Flather User Manual” for general availability. Care to help?
8. Sure would be nice to locate a Flather user manual. Did one EVER exist?